Dermaplaning is a skin treatment that uses a surgical blade to perform a deep exfoliation and skim dead skin cells and hair from your face. It’s also called microplaning or blading.Dermaplaning immediately rejuvenates the skin by removing the outermost layer of dead skin cells and vellus hair or ‘peach fuzz’. It is also highly effective in minimising the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and acne scarring. Dermaplaning is perfect before any special event/occasion as leaves the makeup on the skin looking flawless.
Back to Work
1-2 Days Est.
*Results may vary. Sculptic Clinic cannot guarantee specific results.
This section details some of our most frequency asked questions about the treatment. It also includes information about what you should some pre & post treatment advice. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
What are the benefits of dermaplaning?
The benefits to dermaplaning are as follows:
- Removes surface dead skin cells.
- Removes unwanted facial hair giving skin a nice healthy glow, skin will feel incredibly soft and smooth.
- Non-traumatic method of skin rejuvenation improving the appearance of acne scarring, pigmentation and fine lines and wrinkles over time.
- Can accentuate facial features and make clients look slimmer.
- Totally safe treatment when pregnant unlike many other skin rejuvenation facials such as chemical peels.
- Make-up glides on effortlessly for a flawless finish.
- Allows topical treatments to be absorbed more effectively into the deeper layers of the skin. Exfoliation treatment of choice for even the most sensitive skin types.
- There are no side effects and zero downtime.
Will the hair grow back thicker than before following dermaplaning?
This is a very common question! Your hair will grow back exactly the same colour and thickness as before. During the dermaplaning treatment we are not altering the structure of the hair by the root or follicle so the vellus hair will grow back exactly as it was previously.
Dermaplaning Treatment Advice
Post Treatment Advice
- No sunbeds for 1 week.
- No sauna or steam room for 24hours.
- No makeup for 24hours.
- No perfumed products 24hours.
- No direct sunlight 24hours.
- No gym or excess sweating for 24-48hours.
- Keeping the skin hydrated is an essential part of any skin care routine.
- Wear SPF everyday (most skincare products contain this).
- Avoid active skincare for 5 days (e.g. skincare containing AHA’s, retinol etc).